Pages

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Kitty Cat Quilt

I showed you a bad photo of the kitty cat embroidery I got for my birthday last week.  Well, this is what it has turned into!

 A new quilt for Avery's bed!  I made quilts for Riley and Noah when they used the toddler bed, so I've been wanting to do one for her as well.  (I'm using the term "quilt" loosely here, since I really don't do much detailed quilting on them, but they seem to hold up well despite that!)

 It was a pretty easy project, which is what I need while I've now got three kids running around for summer!  

To take these photos, I tucked everything in around the edges so that it's nice and neat, but of course that's not very realistic...

   Here's a more realistic view of what it looks like on her bed!

 And when it is tucked in, you miss the best part- the pink pom-poms!  That's Avery's very favorite part of the quilt!

 I absolutely adore the fabric I found for around the edges- it's a Joann's brand.  Lately I've been pleasantly surprised with their fabric selection, which is nice because they are pretty much the only fabric store in town for me.

And for those of you who are embroidery buffs, here is a closer look at the work.  Sorry it's a touch blurry- I didn't realize it until I started doing this post!  

As I mentioned above, all the kids are now officially home for summer, so it will probably be a little quieter than normal here, but I'll still post when I've got fun things to share!!

12 comments:

s a n s k u :) said...

Love it!

Jane said...

Love the kitty quilt - and that lamb doll with baby dress is just too adorable!
Have a fun summer!

Musings from Kim K. said...

I'm completely in love. We even have two kitties that might even want to nap on that sweet quilt.

vintage grey said...

Ooh, Corey it is beautiful!! The kitties are so sweet, and it looks just perfect on sweet Avery's bed! Great job, and wishing you a wonderful week! xo Heather

Rose Garden Romantic said...

I love Avery's sweet room and the kitty quilt is just adorable! Love the fabric!
Michelle

My Vintage Mending said...

How on earth did you come around to thinking it needed to be bigger and then doing it? Unbelievable....this looks darling. I would find a quilt and of course it would be too small...great let me find a bigger one...never oh I can just add. Beautiful stitching. Smiles...Renee

Carly said...

So lovely! Love the beautiful handmade dolls!
Have a Suneday!
Carly

Heather Simpson-Bluhm said...

That is super cute. I love it and I love the pink pom-poms too!! Great job.

gabrielle said...

so gorgeous, I just want to come and hang out in Avery's room

Med et lekent sinn / With a playful mind said...

Its is so beautiful! Nice work!
I absolutely adore her bedroom, and little bed. I so wish i had one just like that for my daughter.

Have a great week.

OliversForest said...

amazing!!

Unknown said...

Eeek I love the embroidery! I hope you and the kids are having a great summer together!

Sandy xox